ROLLER HEARTH KILNS
Roller Hearth Kilns offer the manufacturer a fuel efficient solution where cycles are fast and products require a very tight temperature uniformity.
request a quote
For special technical applications, Nutec Bickley have provided roller hearth kilns as an alternative to shuttle or tunnel kilns. Ceramics rollers are supplied in different materials (mullite or silicon carbide) depending on the application requirements.
Roller kilns are continuous kilns that carry the load through the firing process on rollers. The product is either loaded directly on to the rollers or can be carried on plates/tiles or in saggars/cassettes.
Request a quote
These kilns are supplied as gas-fired muffle or open flame kilns, with LPG models also available.
The design of Nutec Bickley roller kilns means that fuel consumption is kept to an absolute minimum. The flexible control systems allow many different products to be handled quickly and as part of an integrated flow through a factory. The storage and handling systems are designed to suit each plant’s operation.
Download our kiln e-book covering all sectors of the ceramic industry
We design and manufacture kilns for the ceramic industry using leading technology and best manufacturing practice.
The high degree of automation possible with a roller kiln installation is a major benefit and the associated handling systems and setting furniture are ideally suited to fast production cycles and rapid flow processes.
Advantages of Roller hearth kilns
- Roller Hearth Kiln setting Width: up to 2mts (6.5ft)
- Temperature: up to 1,425°C (2,600°F)
- Combustion System: Integrated Multi-Zone Pulsing System (IMPS®) or Volume Flow
- Great Control
- Fuel: Natural Gas, LPG, Diesel, Kerosene, other liquid fuels.
- Kiln Length: up to 120mts (400ft)
- Insulation: Jointless® fiber system or Brick
- Energy Recovery System: Pre-heated combustion air up to 425°C (800°F)
- Excellent Temperature Uniformity
- Energy recovery systems to ensure the lowest fuel consumption.
- Power Failure Protection System
- SCADA systems for ease of operation and product quality management
- Elimination of kiln cars and most kiln furniture
- Lowest possible fuel consumption
- Automated product handling and easy loading and unloading
- Modular construction for preassembly and fast installation
- Low maintenance requirements
- Computer controlled cycle times due to lack of kiln cars
- Ease of product switch
- Uniformity of fired product
- Rapid cycles
Industries where Roller hearth kilns are used
- Tableware, general pottery, terracotta, refractories.
- Certain sanitaryware items, technical ceramics, ceramic fibre.
- Grinding media, abrasives, ferrites, colours, powders and pigments.
- Firing of Bulk Materials
Processes where Roller hearth kilns are used:
- First fire
- Glazing / Glaze firing
- Biscuit Firing (China biscuit kilns)
- Glost Firing
- Decoration Firing
Industrial kilns benefiting from the best technology
With our SCADA systems, the kiln operators are able to have complete control of their firing process, enhancing efficiency and productivity. Our latest Industry 4.0 developments integrate the latest technology to not only monitor the process, but also to keep the kiln operating in its peak performance with smart maintenance technology. All the data generated during the firing process is stored in our SCADA system, which then is used to generate reports, graphs and intelligence data, to help customers in their decision making process.
Why Nutec Bickley?
- We employ reliable, helical gear roller drive systems and high-performance rollers.
- The high degree of automation possible with a roller kiln installation is a major benefit and the associated handling systems and setting furniture are ideally suited to fast production cycles and rapid flow processes.
- The high level of automaticity means that computer controlled firing curves and cycle times can be employed.
- Nutec Bickley’s broad control systems design experience permits exactly the appropriate level of control sophistication required to meet our customers’ needs. Systems include customized supervisory control and data acquisition software (SCADA), and more.
- In addition to full control over the process, Nutec Bickley’s control systems allow for faster service and troubleshooting by providing networking and remote monitoring capabilities.
You can contact us by email: email@example.com
Send us a message describing your project so that we can help