SHUTTLE KILNS IN CUSTOM DESIGNS
Nutec Bickley’s shuttle kilns are an ideal solution for batch firing in the ceramic industry.
request a quote
The kilns come in a wide range of capacities and with a choice of door, combustion system, and control designs. Batch firing of products offers the manufacturer the greatest flexibility.
Nutec Bickley is a shuttle kiln manufacturer capable of designing and building a kiln to meet your precise needs. Multi-kiln arrangements with automatic car handling systems are also available.
• More flexible, so you only fire them when capacity dictates. Continuous firing processes (tunnel kilns) need to be ‘fed’
• Lower initial capital cost, can be increased step by step
• Increased flexibility, with different firing curves for different products
• Reduced space requirements.
• Possibility of adding automated kiln car handling to multiple shuttle kilns to allow more continuous production
Download our kiln e-book covering all sectors of the ceramic industry
We design and manufacture kilns for the ceramic industry using leading technology and best manufacturing practice.
Multi-kiln arrangements with automatic car handling systems are also available.
Advantages of Shuttle kilns
- Size: 1 m³ to 500 m³ (35 ft³ to 17,650+ ft³)
- Temperature: up to 1,800°C (3,270°F)
- Insulation: fiber construction up to 1,600°C (2,900°F) and insulating brick up to 1,800°C (3,270°F)
- Combustion System: Integrated Multi-Zone Pulsing System (IMPS®) or volume flow control
- Energy Recovery System: Preheated combustion air up to 425°C (800°F) or self-recuperative burners with preheated air up to 700°C (1,290°F)
- Exhaust: natural or forced exhaust, downdraft, updraft or side draft
- Fuel: natural gas, LPG, diesel, kerosene, other liquid fuels
- Capable of firing different cycles, i.e. first fire and refire in same kiln
- Automated transfer cars and loading systems make automated handling possible
- Multiple kilns can be linked together with handling to achieve almost continuous production with additional flexibility
- Atmosphere control available
- Different firing modes available within firing cycles
Industries where Shuttle kilns are used
- Ceramic Filters
- Ceramic Colors
Processes where Shuttle kilns are used:
- First fire
- Refire / Second Fire
- Glazing / Glaze firing
- Biscuit Firing (China biscuit kilns)
- Glost Firing
- Decoration Firing
- Third Firing
- Powder Firing Kilns
Industrial kiln benefiting from the best technology
With our SCADA systems, the kiln operators are able to have complete control of their firing process, enhancing efficiency and productivity. Our latest Industry 4.0 developments integrate the latest technology to not only monitor the process, but also to keep the kiln operating in its peak performance with smart maintenance technology. All the data generated during the firing process is stored in our SCADA system, which then is used to generate reports, graphs and intelligence data, to help customers in their decision making process.
Why Nutec Bickley?
- Excellent temperature uniformity
- Power Failure Protection System (PPS) maintains the kiln alight up to 1 minute in case of a power outage
- Energy recovery systems to ensure the lowest fuel consumption
- Shuttle kilns can be lined with Nutec Bickley's Jointless® fiber system
- SCADA systems for ease of operation and product quality management
- Car handling systems
- IMPS pulse firing gives additional combustion control, aids fuel efficiency and provides flexibility
You can contact us by email: email@example.com
Send us a message describing your project so that we can help