TUNNEL KILNS FOR CERAMICS
Nutec Bickley offers a wide variety of tunnel kiln fabrication and car handling equipment for high volume ceramic production.
request a quote
The tunnel kiln is designed to meet the customer’s needs as determined by their process and layout requirements.
Nutec Bickley tunnel kilns are manufactured for ceramic production at temperatures of up to 1800°C (3270°F). With Nutec Bickley’s equipment, process variables are under tight control from the beginning to the end of the cycle, assuring superior quality of your finished products.
Tunnel kilns are the best solution when large volumes of product need to be fired in consistent conditions. They offer excellent temperature uniformity and fuel consumption sometimes 50% lower than with shuttle kilns.
Download our kiln e-book covering all sectors of the ceramic industry
We design and manufacture kilns for the ceramic industry using leading technology and best manufacturing practice.
Our kilns count with high levels of control resulting in top quality products and a low energy usage offering lower cost production.
Advantages of Tunnel Kilns
Excellent temperature uniformity
- Consistent, high volume production units
High levels of control resulting in top quality products
- Low energy usage offering lower cost production
- PLC controlled to make operation simple and reliable
- Low maintenance and minimal downtime
- Storage and handling systems designed to suit plant operation
- Increased internal recuperation
- Modular construction for assembly prior to shipment
- Automated robotic or manual car movement to suit plant situation
Increased internal air movement for a better firing environment
- Kiln setting width: up to 4 m (13 ft)
- Kiln length: up to 140 m (460 ft)
- Temperature: up to 1,800°C (3,270°F)
- Insulation: Jointless® fiber system or brick
- Combustion System: Integrated Multi-Zone Pulsing System (IMPS®) or volume flow control
- Energy Recovery System: Preheated combustion air up to 425°C (800°F)
- Fuel: natural gas, LPG, diesel, kerosene, other liquid fuels
Processes where Tunnel kilns are used:
- First fire
- Glazing / Glaze firing
- Biscuit Firing (China biscuit kilns)
- Glost Firing
- Decoration Firing
- Debinding Ovens / Debindering
- Binder Burnout
- Powder Firing Kilns
Industrial kiln benefiting from the best technology
With our SCADA systems, the kiln operators are able to have complete control of their firing process, enhancing efficiency and productivity. Our latest Industry 4.0 developments integrate the latest technology to not only monitor the process, but also to keep the kiln operating at peak performance with smart maintenance technology. All the data generated during the firing process is stored in our SCADA system, which is then used to generate reports, graphs and intelligence data, to help customers in their decision making process.
Why Nutec Bickley?
- Tunnel kilns are the best solution when large volumes of product need to be fired in consistent conditions. They offer excellent temperature uniformity and fuel consumption sometimes 50% lower than with shuttle kilns
- All tunnel kilns are manufactured completely in our facilities before being split down into modules for shipping. This ensures a rapid and problem-free installation
- Power failure protection system
- Energy recovery systems to ensure the lowest fuel consumption
SCADA systems for ease of operation and product quality management
Kiln car handling systems
Flexibility when required for product variations
You can contact us by email: email@example.com
Or send us a message describing your project and we’ll help you get a better result