You can contact us by email: email@example.com
We are industrial furnaces manufacturers that provides industrial Heat Treating Ovens and Furnaces in custom designs and dimensions to match customer production and process requirements.Contact us
The purpose is to provide enough thermal energy to dissolve, in a solid solution, the alloy elements present. Without getting into the solid state physics of the metallurgical reactions, dissolution does occur but only at this high temperature. However, if you slowly cool down the part, the copper wants to come back out of solution.
Here is where the important step of quenching takes place. Quenching is a very rapid cool-down, usually using water, at a rate of 500°F to 600°F (260°C to 315°C) per second. Quenching locks in place all alloy elements that have been dissolved at the high solution heat treat temperature. Before the alloy additions can think about changing places and moving back out of solution, they are locked in place by the rapid quench cool-down. The result is called a ‘supersaturated solid solution’, an unstable condition. Quenching is critical to proper solution heat treatment.
Some typical operations might incorporate our roller hearth or basketless carousel furnaces/ovens. Where
solution treatment is needed, we can fabricate custom designed water and air quench systems.
Solution heat treating generally takes place up to a maximum temperature of 600°C (1,110°F), and for aging around 260°C (500°F).
We provide box furnaces and ovens for temperatures ranging from 300ºF to 2,450ºF (150°C to 1,340°C) to perform a wide variety of process applications.View More
We supply drop bottom quench furnaces to complete solution and T6 heat treatments in a batch configuration.View More
We manufacture heavy duty car bottom furnaces in custom designs and dimensions. They have the ability to handle large/heavy loads.View More
Roller hearth ovens and furnaces are designed for batch process applications, and for indexing–continuous production.View More
Nutec Bickley’s Basketless Heat Treatment Systems are designed for the heat treatment of aluminum castings and forgings.
Great temperature uniformity, performance and quality are some of the characteristics that make us the best designers and manufacturers of furnaces and ovens available in the market.Download
Nutec Bickley supplies aluminum alloy solution heat treatment furnaces featuring the latest technology. Some of the main features are:
• Gas-fired heating system (direct or indirect fired)
• Electrically heated with low density Incoloy sheathed element
• Best soft/low storage insulation available
• High velocity air recirculation system with stainless steel baffles
• Electromechanical or hydraulic hoist system
• Temperature uniformity as good as ±5°F (±3°C)
• The quench delay can be as low as five seconds from the time the door begins to open and our quench tanks are supplied with a high agitation system (water or polyalkylene glycol quenchant).
• State-of-the-art instrumentation and control is available on all our furnaces and ovens.
• Our systems conform to the AMS2750, AMS2770, AMS2771 and AMS2772 aerospace standards and are also in compliance with ASTM B917/B917M and B918/B918M standards.
• An optional PAG (polyalkylene glycol) management system can be provided.
• Our Heat Treating Furnaces are built with heavy duty and stable steel frame and refractory construction.
• Best insulation combination available
• State of the art instrumentation and control is available
• Best Pulse firing combustion system to allow excellent temperature uniformity and improved fuel consumption is available
• Heat Recovery combustion equipment arrangement are available as optional equipment for heat threating furnaces
A number of key industries/processors use this particular technique in their production facilities. These include: